Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Caitlin Mechlinski-Art in the Garden

These are the before shots of my mushrooms

Small glass beads, hot glue and a found stem. All together there were 5 of them

Various Broken Glass Items, Hot glue

This is how nature has transformed my project. It turned out pretty awesome because nature has an effect on living things. 





This is the whole scene from the side.

I wanted to take a different approach to ‘Alice in Wonderland’ that is why they are bigger than an average mushroom. I thought of the mushrooms the moment I was told about The Art in the garden. I started with finding found objects and gluing them together to create the stems. I then proceeded to break glass so I could re-glue it back together in the shape of the mushroom tops. I wanted something that would reflect the light of the sun and still look bright in all types of weather.

No comments: