Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Catherine McKnight







Catherine McKnight
Silence
2020
7' x 6' x 12'
Aluminum and Steel

Silence is a representation of people's voices being taken away by other people, more specifically relating to victims. It is for anyone who has felt trapped and couldn't speak out. Silence could mean a lot of different things to people and I didn't want to confine them to what it meant to me. So even though I went into this project with this meaning I decided when creating this that I wanted it to be very simplistic with how the room looked, I wanted a very clean white room so when people walked in there was nothing there to distract them. I wanted them to feel their own emotions when walking into this room and I wanted the simplicity of the room to amplify their emotions so they could have their own experience, therefore making the space unique to anyone who walked in.

No comments: