Friday, October 12, 2018

Joe Wojciechowski








CIRCLES OF LIFE
2018
38" X 36" X 12"
 STAINLESS STEEL ROLLED WITH A WOOD BASE

Circles of Life represent my life from when I was born to the day I cease to be. It starts with the small circle when I came into this world, began to grow and go to school to learn how to play and communicate with my peers. A time to learn of wants and needs to live and grow stronger. Leading into the second circle is growing into adulthood. The time to seek companionship. For me it was to be a lasting relationship, with kids to teach what I had learned. A time to explore the world. A time to challenge myself to see just what I could accomplish. As I grew into the largest ring, I was getting much older. The excitement was still there to accomplish great challenges, but the years take a toll on the body. It's a time to slow down. A time to relax and enjoy what I had accomplished. A time to reminisce about the old days. They always seem to be better than what is going on today. As the large ring progresses around, it leads back to the beginning, where life starts all over again. 

No comments: