Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Deanna Marino


This piece was a second attempt at the same basic concept- a metal breastplate with a fabric cape. I was challenged by the idea of conveying delicacy through such a rigid medium while not betraying the dichotomy of strength. I found inspiration in my usual aesthetic of nature, the eerie/ominous, and femininity, but took it in a more elegant route rather than my usual rough, haphazard, creepy preference. I was proud of the way I tackled the installation in a way I had never tried before and really put thought into the way it was installed. The breastplate was much neater and more structurally sound than previous pieces, and though I struggled with logically thinking my way through the process of creating it, am very pleased with the result.

No comments: