Thursday, December 10, 2020

Catherine McKnight




Catherine McKnight
Insanity
2020
Pine, black paint, matte medium, modge podge, and ink
11" x 56" x 7"

Insanity is about representing something that people cannot see on the surface. It is a representation of what I was feeling internally, more specifically what I was feeling mentally. Being an overwhelmed, overworked, burnout, stressed out college student who ended up getting COVID-19 I feel like I was able to represent everything that I was feeling and going through very well. The photo transfer process itself did not relieve any stress if anything it created more stress for me. During times like this I feel like many of the viewers who would see this project would be able to relate to this on their own personal level. Given these times it also a reminder to check up on those around you because you may not know everything they are going through and how people feel mentally is not something that you can see on the outside.

No comments: