Thursday, December 3, 2020

Catherine McKnight

 




Catherine McKnight
Slipping Away
2020
Particle board, wood, elmer's glue, gorilla glue, wood glue, corn starch, food coloring, jar, hydrocal, nails, screws, black paint, and stain
4.5' x 1.5' x 1.5'

Slipping Away is about anything in life that our brains slowly forget. We can try to hold on to them and sometimes we do not even realize that it's slipping away. Once it slips away it goes into the darkness and is forgot. With this we get further and further away from what we are trying to remember. My inspiration came from my own life, the older I get the more I start to forget all the memories from when I was a kid. We are born to make memories and to obtain objects but as we grow older what we once enjoyed and cherished is now slipping away into the darkness. In the end I think that forgetfulness of objects, memories, people, etc. becomes inevitable.

No comments: