Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Esther Lee














Esther Lee
Society
2020
steel, foam boards, cardboard, dirt, hay, moss, paint
6.5' x 4.5' x 6'



For this sculpture, I wanted to play off my sculpture from last semester, The Bridge in Between. Both projects were inspired from my trek in the Himalayan mountains. There was one village that my team stayed in, and all the houses would be built on the mountain side facing one direction. So, going off that my idea was to create a society of different class people with the size and shape and material of the buildings. I wanted these building to be suspended in the air with very skinny metal rods, so that they would sway from even the slightest wind. A fragile yet sturdy society. No matter what class you are, you all have the same view.

No comments: