Monday, October 16, 2017

Andrew Gayda


                                           

Andrew Gayda
Remains
Acrylic Paint on Palette Wood
96"x84"x84"

My interests were to experiment with found wood and painted illustrations. Each palette was found, taken from it's daily life and repurposed into a work of art. I chose to depict each image in a monochromatic style to emphasis the raw color of the natural wood. The display was intended to mimic the origin of where the palette wood was discovered. Along roads, in dumpsters, and leaned up against buildings. A lot of my illustration come spontaneously out my head. Each element is an example of how random imagination can work. Individually, each panel has a relationship with the wood and can stand alone as a singular image. However when I've combined each piece together, your imagination is drawn toward connecting the symbols and creating a narrative.

No comments: