Monday, October 10, 2016

Brenna Smith




Brenna Smith
howdy
Fabric, Thread, Yarn, Card stock, Cotton Stuffing, Acrylic Paint
72"x30"x30"

This piece began strictly based off of aesthetics that I find appealing, such as old curtain fabric, fall colors, clown makeup, and the intersection of creepiness and cuteness. The message developed as I worked on and installed it. This piece represents living with chronic anxiety, which I experience. Through my experiences, I've found that, even when you overcome your fears of the things that trigger your anxiety, they will still loom over you and occasionally pop in to say hello, just like the clown character I've created in this piece. My desire to continue to incorporate my favorite visual aesthetics into making this piece deepen my personal connection between this character and my experiences with anxiety.


No comments: