Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Rackle Pearlman




the fact that these are art make them aRtifaCts
by...rachel pearlman
2012
the only material used for this project was clay with a hint of cement powder.
sizes vary from about 16"x18" to 1"x1"

With these artifacts I was searching for an old feeling.  Not of mine personally, but when you look at them you get a feeling of the past.  I  wanted people to have questions....so many questions!  About the marks and what they mean along with the audience to create their own stories about the piece,   Since I have been trying to incorporate these tribalesque drawings of mine into my 3- dimensional work, I think this was a great way to portray it.  I wanted the audience to have this urge of wanting more after seeing the few I had.  Clay is my passion and this is allowing me to roam around the world of clay and explore my options within it.  Some of the limits it has, and learning how to work with it at its different stages of life are just some of the things I was being taught while making these pieces. 
There is definitely more to come.

No comments: