Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Derek Charleton - Control

 









Derek Charleton

Control

2022

4' x 7' x 4 1/2'

This would be my second/third time creating an installation piece, however, this would be my first time combing both videos with my steel sculptural work. I had been planning on doing mixed media, video, and sculpture pieces for a while but never really had a reason to execute making one until this semester when I had both a video class and the sculpture class. The key objective I wanted from this piece is to see if I can an element to my sculptures to bring them more alive and surreal with the means of both sound and video. Some inspiration for the piece came from both the dark and terrifying control cults have had on their followers and the megachurch television evangelists.

No comments: