Monday, December 11, 2017

Forrest Hines









Body (three)
Steel Pipe
7'x3'x3.5'

This piece is a continuation of the Body series where I seek to explore creating the structure of the human figure through space and shape. Using these more subtle pieces to create form has been an interesting exploration as I've sought to branch away from the "perfect form" that often ends up being used in figurative work. This piece in particular was derived from my recent interest in the shape of the circle and bringing that forward to create a figure became fascinating to me. Another key to these pieces is the idea that as the viewer walks around the piece information begins to come forward and fall away and I think that idea went into the decision to make this one, like Body (one), a floor piece as opposed to a wall piece, though I may still experiment with creating it on the wall. 

No comments: