Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Tree

This is the first part of a much larger project that I am working on. This is the framework of a metal tree that has a seat built into the trunk for viewers to sit in if they so choose. I use nature as my inspiration for many things so I wanted to incorporate nature into this project. I wanted to start a conversation about nature vs man-made structure as well as play on inorganic vs organic by making such a natural, organic form out of inorganic material and build a seat into it to give it another functionality to it and even further that emphasis of man-made things catering to our materialistic world.

Stay tuned for the second part of this project that will incorporate this tree-seat into a much larger discussion on organic vs inorganic and man-made vs nature!


No comments: