Thursday, May 8, 2014

Catherine Kolaski





Untitled
2014
Fabric and rope
6.5ft X 24ft X 8ft


When thinking of this piece my thoughts included how I could jump on, hang on, or crawl into a space.  My work is large scale; I like things that are larger than myself physically and conceptually.  I am always thinking of ideas that are out of the ordinary to others but perfectly normal to me.  My work is about human interaction; the sense of touch is important to me.  Perhaps touching is so important because touch is an intimate moment between two subjects.  By putting the urge to touch something in my work I can bring out this intimacy in others; I can put people in situations that they are not used to. There should not be physical restrictions in art; this work is made to be experienced.


No comments: