Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Claire Ciccarone










                                                                       Adorned /
Average monthly temperatures range from 75.8 to 32.0 degrees.
Moss, grout, glue, tiles, found objects, digital inkjet print
8ft x 6ft x 4ft

Reinstalled, my piece from Art In The Garden, Adorned is given a different place to inhabit. Thinking about the space and how the piece would fit, I excluded some pieces from the garden to focus more on the domestic objects. With moss covering everything around the piece including pipes, outlets and growing through the walls and the floor it takes over a white gallery space and creates new meanings. My use of a framed inkjet print brings a story to the viewer which though is very personal to myself, the artist, is open to one's interpretation. In the making I realized terrible doubts, but also a warming conclusion that this represents a lot of my own growth in all the time I've spent in a place where the average temperatures range monthly from 75.8 to 32.0 degrees.


No comments: