Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Spencer Maussner






Spencer Maussner

Twisted 
2020
Vines, cotton thread, glue
129"x32"x1"



I always find myself drawn to doing really weird meticulous things. I've learned that I enjoyed working with thread from past projects that I've done. During these times I've found myself struggling extremely with being creative and motivating myself. I was inspired by these massive vines that were growing off of some trails that I would walk in a desperate attempt to get out of my house. Originally I had a very different idea, but after I unpacked a lot of my things that I brought home I remembered my 9,000 yards of white thread and decided I may as well use them. I figured if I was going to just wrap some string around beautiful vines I may as well make it 10 feet tall and from that point on I was determined to finish this as fast as I could just so I wouldn't have to wrap thread ever again.



No comments: