Sunday, April 19, 2020

Jeff Kim









Jeff Kim
Deer
2020
Tree Branches, Metal Screws
95” X 114” X 35”


As a child I grew up in different cities in the U.S. like New York City, Philadelphia and San Francisco. Because of this I never saw wild animals in their natural environments. Now that I live in an area where animals roam around my backyard, I get to enjoy nature and be a part of the habitat. A family of deer visits my backyard every morning to forage on my bushes. The bushes are bare by the end of winter but it’s worth it to watch my forest friends thrive. I also get visited by foxes, raccoons, possums, skunks, rabbits and squirrels. This piece is inspired by my backyard habitat to show that we can live in harmony.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jeff this is amazing

Unknown said...

WOAHH! I love this!!