Thursday, November 14, 2019

Victoria Acevedo






Victoria Acevedo
Grandma's Window
2019
wood, cardboard, yarn, tights, books, paper, oil paint
42" x 36" x 6"

For my second sculpture I choose to work with books to create a scene through a window. I wanted to work in a 3D fashion, but challenge myself to work with mainly one material. I wanted to work in a medium I could easily get my hands on that would also be easy to manipulate. For this reason I chose to work with books. I then created an imaginative older woman character that lives in a cottage who reads books and knits. This scene is what she would see out her window using things I believe would be in her own cottage. Things such as panty hose, knitting needles, watering can, candle, potpourri, and old papers. Though this sculpture is not quite finished, I am excited to build upon it.

No comments: