Friday, October 29, 2021

Ulyana Gore

 



Ulyana Gore
Chrysanthemum Birdbath
2021
Ceramic
18”x18”x9.25”

        I enjoy making work that is beautiful but also functional. Over this last year I've really gotten into gardening because I love seeing things grow and the idea of being self sufficient. Gardening brings an abundance of food, but also beauty and peace of mind to my life. I wanted to attract more birds into my garden so I thought making a bath for them would be a good way to do that. I chose to make it out of clay because that is a medium that I really enjoy working with and I wanted to push myself to make something larger scale than I have in the past. The stem at the bottom inserts into part of a flag pole that was taken apart and placed amidst the raspberry bushes.


No comments: