Monday, May 31, 2021

Catherine McKnight





Catherine McKnight
Yin and Yang
2021
Wood, muslin, speedball acrylic ink, stain, wood glue, magnets, screws, nuts, gorilla glue, sticky tack, mounting tape, and nails
72" x 72" x 6"
Yin and Yang follows the same conceptual idea that I had for my last project titled Anxiety. For this project I decided to represent that conceptual idea more realistically rather than abstractly. While creating this project the conceptual idea became even stronger than before. Yin and Yang in its simplest form represents the good days versus the bad days, but it is also about a balance between the two. On the bad days my brain cannot fill in all the details and the little things like making the bed don't get done. On my good days I am still not at 100%, my memories are not all put together perfectly. Both sides of this piece have a feeling of aloneness but in two difference representations.

 

No comments: