Thursday, October 8, 2020

Madison Horton





 Madison Horton
Flux
2020
plaster, gypsum, marble 
unknown dimensions

Flux is defined as the action or process of flowing or flowing out. Life - now more than ever it seems, has been constantly shifting, constantly changing, constantly flowing. I find myself often feeling like an unknowing victim battling against the whims of the world. The persistent, almost rhythmic nature of my troubles has led me to develop a discordant peace with myself and my surroundings. 

I wanted this piece to be a physical manifestation of this growing feeling of uneasiness and chaos that seems to have become a persistent aspect of my life and probably yours as well. I wanted this piece to show the messiness of life, the chaotic nature of living, and the comfort that can be found within turmoil.


No comments: