Thursday, October 8, 2020

Esther Lee



 








Beauty from Ashes
2020
Mirror frame, paper, tulle, thread, ashes
60"x19"x120"


Initially my idea started with just an old mirror frame. I knew what materials I wanted to use for this sculpture but didn't have my concept. One day as I was driving the phrase, beauty from ashes popped into my head. I knew I wanted to create a piece about how I have been feeling these days. From this negative view I had of myself, someone had broken through my dark reflection to show me true beauty. It was an invitation to known my worth and beauty not only on the outside but within me. I wanted wanted to create a piece where other people could resonate and have a meaning of their own. I honestly think this piece can be interpreted in many different ways. (not the lighting I wanted :( )

No comments: