Thursday, May 14, 2020

John Halligan









John Halligan
Atrophy
2020
Holly
14" x 4" x 5"

During quarantine mainly through the second month a feeling of wasting away started to rain over my body. Laying in bed endlessly, losing all motivation as the days carried on. Isolation got me thinking about my grandmother though and how she's been living in the same bed over a year ago after getting one of her legs amputated. From having to lay there and being completely immobile she ended up losing circulation in the other leg and had to lose the second. All while with every passing month her memory deteriorates forgetting everything she once knew. As much as I haven't enjoyed quarantine its taught me how grateful I am for my health and just the ability to be able to walk to the other side of my room. The future may be uncertain but things could be so much worse.









No comments: