Friday, December 6, 2019

Victoria Acevedo



Victoria Acevedo
House with a story to tell
2019
books, acrylic paint
24" x 20" x 4"

For my third sculpture I choose to work with books to create architecture inspired greatly by my collagraph houses for my senior show.  I wanted to work in a medium I could easily manipulate with my hands and that I had an abundance of. For this reason I chose to work with books. I chose to also focus greatly on textures and depth off the wall. To make it I cut the books using the band saw making a variety of heights, depths and shapes. I also tried to splay some books open to see open pages and illustrations and make the piece more interactive. To make the house I focused on a doorway and a window while making most of the books into stones on the house. To further this piece I plan to add more books and details on the house. 


No comments: