Thursday, May 22, 2014

Anna Jacob







Marionette
2014
Wood, Wire mesh, Foam, Cable


The idea behind the Marionette has changed and grown throughout its creation.  It has becomes the embodiment of a character in my mind and I feel as though I am bringing a life into the world.  I hope as much will fill the minds of those who control it.  The audience gets the chance to put on their own show, but also gets to be a part of the show.  Ideally, the puppeteer will come away with the sense of what it feels like to control a life that is completely dependent on her/him.  I would like the audience to walk away from the Marionette remembering how beautiful something can be, and how much joy it can bring to themselves and others, even if it requires the power of another being to bring it to life.

No comments: